This Miniature Gulf Coast Project lesson plan also includes:
Scholars show what they know about data collection and analysis with an activity that examines a smaller population of Houghton, Texas. Independently or in pairs, learners identify their research question, gather, graph, and analyze data. Class members share their findings with their peers.
- Open the location to anywhere—this will require additional research
- Assign the activity after a unit covering data analysis
- The fourth of 13 lessons
- Instructional time takes 60-90 minutes to complete; the activity portion takes six to eight hours
- Includes a worksheet for parents or caregivers to fill out that keeps their learner on task
- Handouts increase accountability