This Mini-Lesson: Midterm Elections lesson plan also includes:
Find out the differences between presidential and midterm elections with an informative resource. Pupils discuss the importance of midterms to the presidency and how midterms affect the balance of government branches. They also fill out multiple handouts and read articles about the midterms to get a clearer picture of the process and its importance.
- Extend learning by showing clips from the most recent midterm election
- Consider teaching the lesson around election season to make it feel even more relevant to scholars
- A free iCivics account is required to access the lesson materials
- Requires devices with Internet access or the ability to project presentations to the class
- Uses real-world examples
- Provides a variety of questions to test for comprehension