This Mindful Self-Awareness Exercise: Building Self-Confidence activity also includes:
Each of us is unique, with particular traits and strengths. A mindfulness exercise helps participants build self-confidence by asking them to give themselves compliments. Pupils learn how to craft "I" messages that acknowledge what they like about themselves, their skills, talents, and qualities.
- Keep a watchful eye out for participants who struggle to find positive things to say about themselves
- Share the series with parents and guardians
- The fourth exercise of eight in the mindfulness series
- Each activity begins with the Breath Awareness exercise learned in the first lesson of the series
- The resource includes questions that ask learners to reflect on the value of self-compliments