This Migration, Adaptation, and Changing Climates lesson plan also includes:
It is easy for humans to adapt to changing environments, but how do animals and plants do it? Classes discuss how plants and animals deal with environmental changes in the second of seven lessons. Through questions and discussions, pupils see the few possibilities of migration, adaptation, extinction, or coping and discuss their meanings.
- Groups could spend the rest of the class period researching organisms that migrate and write their findings in their journals
- Ask pairs or groups to research recent extinctions to determine who, where, and why and write their findings in their journals
- No materials are necessary for the activity
- Activity is short, but questions are good and get pupils thinking
- Includes vocabulary and definitions