This Midpoint and Segment Bisectors: The Midpoint Formula interactive also includes:
Let's meet in the middle. Given two points on the coordinate plane, pupils use the interactive to find the midpoint. The interactive provides a graphical display of the midpoint and the midpoint formula with the coordinates of the endpoints substituted.
- Challenge the class to find an endpoint if given one endpoint and the midpoint
- Ask groups to determine how to use the explanation of the midpoint formula to find a point that is one-third from one endpoint
- Class members should be comfortable working with rational numbers
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Reveals the correct answer when students select the wrong one
- The supplemental materials contain additional examples