This Mid-Unit Assessment: Using Evidence to Support Analysis: “Frederick Douglass” lesson plan also includes:
Show what you know! Scholars complete a mid-unit assessment using text evidence from Frederick Douglass. The teacher then presents expectations for independent reading assignment. Leaving the class, pupils turn in an exit ticket revealing the text they plan to read.
- Choose a book to preview with readers to spark interest in independent reading
- Lesson five of 15 in Grade 7 ELA Module 3, Unit 1
- Requires completing lessons in order
- Lists ideas for meeting the needs of students who are struggling with the concept
- Includes answer keys and rubrics for assessment