This Mid-Unit Assessment: Text-Dependent Short-Answer Quiz—The Effects of Natural Disasters lesson plan also includes:
Readers complete a mid-unit assessment by reading the text How Do Hurricanes Form? They answer text-dependent questions about hurricanes with short answer and sequencing. Learners then participate in a read aloud and text chunking activity to further explore the text Earthquakes!
- Ask a meteorologist to speak to the class about the relationship between hurricanes and weather
- Notes that Earthquakes! is above grade level and needs to read aloud before sending home
- Lesson four of eight in Grade 5 ELA Module 4, Unit 1
- Order of lessons matters
- Includes an answer key for assessment
- Offers a mid-unit reflection sheet