Scientists are working on creating and verifying element 120 which would change the appearance of the periodic table. A short video, one in a series of 48, which explores Mendeleev's Periodic Table. The narrator shows how Mendeleev organized the elements on the periodic table and even left blanks for elements which had not been discovered or created yet, correctly describing their characteristics.
- Video could be inserted into a day of stations about the periodic table and its properties
- Use as an introduction to the periodic table
- At 3:25, the narrator refers to Mendeleev and says You kick a--.
- Video is quite short making it easy to incorporate into any lesson
- The narrator's enthusiasm for chemistry is contagious