Two hundred years before Mendeleev created the periodic table, scientists observed patterns in the elements and tried to sort them. The brief first video in a 15-part series explains the development of the periodic table and the many changes it went through before others accepted it.
- Display some of the earlier periodic tables that are no longer in use
- Discuss the most recent additions to the periodic table
- Relies on some basic knowledge of elements and their properties
- Connects to classification systems and the scientific method
- Links the past to the future through math and science