This Melting Glacial Ice activity & project also includes:
There are many factors that affect how fast the glaciers are melting. A lab investigation has learners examine how the surrounding water affect the rate glaciers melt. They collect data from two samples of ice to determine how quickly they melt and connect their results to glaciers and the water that surrounds them.
- Use varying temperatures of water in the investigation to use in comparison
- Ask pupils to generate hypotheses prior to the investigation
- Allow time to collect and prepare the necessary information
- Includes guiding questions to use during instruction
- Offers options of videos to use as a demonstration