This Meet Our Neighbors: Sun lesson plan also includes:
The sun isn't just a ball of yellow! Young scientists learn about the features of the sun using a hands-on modeling activity. They build models of the sun using common household items to represent sunspots, solar prominence, and the solar surface.
- Combine with lessons from the same publisher on the earth and moon to make comparisons of the three bodies
- Review the features of the sun's surface prior to the activity
- Allow time to collect and prepare materials for creating the model
- Includes a detailed teaching guide to aid in planning
- Provides necessary background information