This Meet Our Neighbors: Moon lesson plan also includes:
Since a field trip to the moon isn't possible, bring the moon to young astronomers! Participants use everyday materials to create models of the moon and represent the features on its surface. The materials serve as a tactile as well as a visual representation of the different features to bring astronomy to life.
- Have learners create keys describing each feature of the model
- Expects pupils to have background knowledge of the features on the surface of the moon
- Allow time to collect and prepare necessary materials
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes both a teacher and student guide
- Provides an image of a sample model to use as a reference