Baby stars on the outside of the galaxy allow the Milky Way to grow. One installment of a larger SciShow Space series shares the details of the growth and the rate of change in the galaxy. It also explains how scientists found the farthest star to date and the reason it appears so much brighter than other stars.
- Discuss the irony in naming the most distant star from the sun Icarus
- Content ends at 5:25, and the remaining video contains an advertisement
- Relies on prior knowledge of stars, galaxies, and telescopes
- Provides subtitles in English and Arabic
- Works well in traditional or flipped classes