This Medication Safety Patrol: Activity Stations lesson plan also includes:
Four stations challenge scholars to show what they know about the safety of taking and storing medications. Small groups rotate to read and answer questions regarding prescriptions drugs, examine prescription labels, identify appropriate storage solutions, and evaluate scenarios for proper safety practices.
- Invite a pharmacist to speak to the class or go on a field trip to a local pharmacy
- Form heterogenous groups and encourage peers to keep open communication and assist one another when needed
- The stations are designed to reinforce past instruction about medication and making healthy habits
- The fourth station is optional
- Provides talking points and answers for each station
- Comes with a detailed and easy-to-follow Facilitator's Guide