This Medical Insurance 3 activity also includes:
Create a technical report explaining the components of a medical plan through a function. The project-based learning activity gives a medical insurance scenario that young mathematicians model using piecewise functions. Their analyses includes an explanation of the continuity of the functions. This is the third and final installment in a series of lessons from the author on medical insurance.
- Review insurance terminology when assigning the project
- Use the scaffolding assignments regularly throughout the unit
- Expects proficiency with writing linear equations
- Includes documents to assist learners throughout the project
- Provides notes to highlight areas of difficulty