This Medical Insurance 2 activity & project also includes:
Make an informed decision when choosing a medical insurance provider. An engaging lesson asks your classes to write piecewise models to represent the cost of different medical plans. The project-based learning activity is a variation of the first lesson in the three-part series.
- Use the data from the provided health plan as an example to work together
- Incorporate the technology assignments as weekly activities during the unit
- Learners should be familiar with writing and graphing linear functions
- Includes real-life information pupils collect from a current website
- Notes provide information to guide teaching throughout the unit
- Difficult to assess accuracy when individuals choose different plans and data