This Medical Insurance activity & project also includes:
Design a plan for finding the best health insurance for your money. Learners compare two health plans by writing and graphing piecewise functions representing the plan rules. Using Excel software, they create a technical report explaining the medical costs that create an equal expense for both plans. As a project-based learning assignment, the activity incorporates multiple concepts and has roots in real-life context. This is the first in a series of three lesson tied to medical insurance.
- Personalize the activity by having individuals bring in insurance information from home to analyze
- Use the technology assignments throughout the unit in preparation for the final project
- Ensure your pupils are familiar with Excel software
- Provides teacher resources to aid in planning
- Makes a sample project available through email