A short, informative video discusses the various ways the media impacts the thought processes of citizens in the United States. Scholars analyze what bias exists in the media and how to know who to trust in reporting the news. Open discussion and research opportunities for current events impact the 44th lesson of a 50-part series on the government.
- Assign a reading on how the media is changing politics in America
- Invite a local journalist as a guest speaker to analyze the impact the news has on public opinions
- Video clip lasts less than 10 minutes
- Animated thought bubble brings the key concepts to life
- Resource differentiates instruction for audio and visual learners