How do cells control which genes they express? The animation describes a specific example of how, after interaction with proteins, gene expression turns off. Scholars learn about the role of histone proteins and chromatin in the process of transcription and gene expression.
- Use to support discussion of gene regulation
- Give an example of how gene expression is turned off
- Expects pupils have knowledge of acetylation, methylation, transcription, and gene regulation
- Provides a good description of the process on the webpage
- Visual is attractive and clearly labeled
- Content is very specific and provides little explanation