This Mechanisms that Increase Genetic Variation video also includes:
Learn how genetic variation occurs within prokaryotes through transformation, transduction, and conjugation. The instructor then explains how sexual reproduction in eukaryotes can lead to crossing over, random assortment, and random fertilization.
- Have scholars research further about Charles II of Spain and other problems related to his genetics
- Video assumes your class members understand the stages and end result of meiosis
- Teacher needs to have a computer, Internet access, and a way to project the video
- Video 19 in a series of 31
- Includes links for a concept map, slideshow that follows the video, and a review worksheet
- Fascinating introduction about Charles II of Spain and inbreeding