This Meatballs activity & project also includes:
Your classroom will overflow with learning as they analyze the volume in a pot of meatballs. Young mathematicians predict the number of meatballs that will make a pot of sauce overflow. They incorporate both the volume of cylinders and spheres in their calculations.
- Model the scenario with a glass beaker and golf balls as a reference
- Incorporate during a unit on volumes of solids
- Expects proficiency with finding volumes of cylinders and spheres
- Includes follow-up activities
- Provides an answer key with sample work