This Measuring Solar Energy During an Eclipse activity also includes:
Don't leave your classes in the dark! An inquiry-based lesson has young researchers analyze the light intensity before, during, and after a solar eclipse. They use their data to make inferences about the solar energy available during that time period.
- Connect with a science class in a different area of the country and compare results
- Analysis requires an active solar eclipse for data collection
- Emphasize safety protocols, so pupils don't look directly into the sun
- Offers a Spanish version of the lesson
- Includes both discussion and assessment questions