This Measuring Respiratory Quotient lesson plan also includes:
How do scientists prove tiny living things respire? Young scientists build a respirometer and measure respiration rates in living creatures. By comparing the measurements of both plants and animals, they understand the similarities.
3 Views 1 Download CCSS: Adaptable NGSS: Adaptable
- Assign groups of two as larger groups won't be able to observe and manipulate the variables accurately
- Lesson written for upper level students with an extended lab time to complete the experiment
- Follow all safety guidelines to prevent injury and illness
- Provides very clear directions for set up including photos
- Offers teacher tips throughout