This Measuring Arc Length: Lesson video also includes:
Slice off a piece of pi! A section of an extensive playlist on geometry develops the formula to find the length of an arc. Using the formula, the presentation works through examples finding the arc length, the radius, and the measure of the central angle.
- Lead a discussion on the difference between arc length and arc measure
- Assumes individuals can solve linear equations
- Requires pupils to know the relationship between arc measure and the measure of a central angle
- Uses color to highlight portions of the problems
- Contains a link to more arc length resources, including applications