Variation makes the world—and data sets—more interesting. Young data analysts view an engaging YouTube video to learn about measures of variation. Range and interquartile range are the topics under consideration here.
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have the class research data sets of interest and calculate measures of variation
- Note that the video references a previous video on mean, median, and mode; pupils should be able to calculate mean and median
- Some familiarity with data analysis is beneficial
- Thorough explanations aid viewers in comprehending the material
- Work is neat and easy to follow
- Lecture-type instruction may not be helpful for all learners