This Measure the Age of Ancient Cosmic Explosions activity & project also includes:
Supernova explosions mark the end of a star's life. Guide the class through an investigation that uses data to calculate the age of a supernova remnant. Using provided data and online software, they analyze data to determine the radius of the remnant and then make a series of calculations before settling on its age.
- Combine with additional investigations from the same publisher
- Have pupils download the necessary software in advance to save class time for the activity
- Expects a solid understanding of data collection and analysis
- Provides all necessary materials and data
- Includes an answer key for quick grading