This May the Magnetic Force Be with You lesson plan also includes:
Attraction and repulsive forces might seem mysterious to young learners. Have your classes experiment with these forces in the second installment of a 14-part unit on magnetism and electricity. Individuals test different objects in the classroom to determine which are magnetic and then explore how the poles of magnets react to each other.
- Have pupils test objects at home with a magnet and find five magnetic and five nonmagnetic items
- Requires access to bar magnets
- Expects a basic understanding of the forces of a magnet prior to the lesson
- Provides sketches of sample responses
- Includes a detailed teaching guide to help prepare the lesson