In 1924, Bose and Einstein predicted a fifth state of matter. The prediction proved to be true in 1995 and is referred to as the Bose-Einstein condensation. This video discusses the concept of matter, all five states of matter, and what happens when switching from one to another.
- Research Satyendra Nath Bose and Albert Einstein
- Discuss the discovery of plasma, using a song by They Might Be Giants, "Why Does the Sun Really Shine? (The Sun is a Miasma of Incandescent Plasma)"
- Assumes prior knowledge of solids, liquids, and gases
- Video is the third in a series of 14
- Includes closed captioning for ease of note taking
- Provides detailed diagrams that are not overwhelming