This Mat Tag activity also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Choose two people to be taggers and give them each a dodgeball. Spread out the four mats in the shape of a diamond baseball on the gym floor. Assign an equal number of players to each mat. When signaled, runners run continuously to the next mat, but there can only be a specified amount of people on each mat. As runners run to each mat, the taggers try and throw the ball to hit the runners and get them out. If a runner is hit, they become a tagger, and the tagger joins the game as a runner.
- Play as a warm-up game or during a baseball unit
- Requires four mats and two dodgeballs
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Allows for continuous running
- Helps teach baseball skills