This MASS, MASS – Who Has the MASS? Analyzing Tiny Samples lesson plan also includes:
- Student Activity: MASS, MASS – Who Has the MASS?
- Appendix B—Mass Spectrometry: A Historic Technique
- Science Module—Cosmic Chemistry: The Sun and Solar Wind
- User's Guide
- Student Text: Atoms, Elements, and Isotopes
- Reporting/Data Sheet: MASS, MASS – Who Has the MASS?
- Join to access all included materials
What is it worth to you? A hands-on lesson plan asks groups to collect weights of different combinations of coins and calculate weighted averages. They use the analysis to understand the concept of an isotope to finish the third lesson plan in a series of six.
3 Views 1 Download
- Begin the lesson with a discussion and examples of weighted averages such as in calculating semester grades
- Have pupils create a chart to organize data collected from the weight of the coins
- Allow time to prepare materials for the activity
- Includes important background information for both teachers and students
- Provides questioning suggestions to use throughout the lesson
Start Your Free Trial
Save time and discover engaging curriculum for your classroom. Reviewed and rated by trusted, credentialed teachers.Try It Free