Believe it or not ... martian soil does have nutrients needed for plants to survive! An out-of-this-world tutorial moves scholars through an analysis of martian soil to determine its chemical make-up. Pupils analyze reflectivity of samples, make calculations, and analyze graphs. From their determinations, they research to find uses of the soil for Mars colonizers.
- Pair learners for the activity to help each other
- When completing calculations, round decimals to the nearest tenth; if the number in the hundredths place is five, round down
- Calculator is built into the tutorial
- Great analysis of soil and determining uses for it
- Lab uses calculations, graph analysis, and research to complete — a good mix of skills