When should the government step in for the greater public good? Watch a video that details what happens when market externalities need some help sorting themselves out, and whether those regulatory steps are beneficial or not.
4 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Implement the extra credit question described in the beginning of the video, and have class members analyze the results
- Encourage learners to choose one of the topics outlined in the video to conduct further research on for a persuasive or informative essay
- Video opens with an ad that you can skip
- Part 21 of a 35-video series
- Emphasizes the benefit of an education in the larger economy, which is a good message for students
- Uses real-world examples to illustrate the Tragedy of the Commons, including smoking and climate change