In a true market economy, the government has no role—or does it? Scholars investigate the role United States government and politics play in the economic system of the nation. The 46th video in a 50-part series introduces the concept of a market economic system. The topic of a true market system, while still having government involvement, sparks a lively discussion as to how much control is too much.
- Assign a reading on a blog about the role of the government in a market economy and debate the opinions in the article
- Create a series of questions for the class to answer while viewing the video clip
- Be sure students have computer and Internet access if viewing independently
- Thought bubble animates the key concept
- Resource provides primary source topics for further research and investigation