This Mardi Gras—Secondary activity & project also includes:
Add a little glitter to your Mardi Gras celebration with a packet that includes information about the history of Mardi Gras. It also provides information about how different communities celebrate the holiday, as well as templates for masks and games.
- Have groups research the differences between traditional Mardi Gras celebrations and the how Acadiana/Cajun communities celebrate the holiday
- Encourage class members to attach their masks to their acrostic poems and post their work about the classroom
- Introduce the lesson with the video of Michael McDonald's "Christmas on the Bayou."
- The 13-page packet is designed to accompany a visit to Vermilionville, a Cajun community in Louisiana; however, the activities are appropriate for any Mardi Gras celebration
- Includes the formula for how to figure the date of Easter and Mardi Gras, and a template for a mask