This Marbles in a Glass assessment also includes:
Allow learners to design their own strategies to solve a problem. Given dimensions of a glass and a smaller marble, scholars must find the dimensions of a larger marble. The answer key suggests using the Pythagorean Theorem, but multiple methods are possible.
- Create a series of similar questions for learners to practice
- Have learners present their different approaches to the problem
- Pupils should have a solid understanding of the Pythagorean Theorem and how to apply it in design situations
- Provides resources in an editable format to allow for making changes easily
- Uses an open-ended question to encourage creative approaches to the problem