This Many Bens: Character Revealed in Writing lesson plan also includes:
Benjamin Franklin may be known as a Founding Father, but he was also a prolific writer. Scholars examine his better-known pieces to learn about genre, voice, and early American history. The resource includes options for various investigations including acting out various kinds of persuasive writing assignments.
- Have groups investigate primary sources from Ben Franklin
- Ask scholars to create their own written pieces in the same manner as Benjamin Franklin
- Lesson plan is part of a larger series exploring Ben Franklin's life and ideas
- Lesson plan includes worksheets, making it easy to use
- Primary sources allow for skill building
- Links to some primary sources are no longer live, requiring extra teacher research