Supplement your Maniac Magee lesson plans with a packet of student materials. Included here is a variety of questions about the text. Pupils complete multiple choice and short-answer questions and choose from a variety of extension activities and projects. Each section includes all three of these options and covers from five to ten chapters.
- Because of the way the packet is organized, you could easily split up most of the sections and hand them out separately, or hand out the entire resource as a packet
- Many of the questions are recall, but there are some that require higher-level thinking skills
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The extension ideas provide opportunities for more extended writing as well as creative expression through projects
- Includes some review about halfway through to ensure that learners are keeping up with what's going on in the story
- Does not include an answer key