What was the Manhattan Project, and how did it start? The video describes the project's quest to develop the atomic bomb. It also shows pupils why the project began, the top scientists involved, and how they contributed to the creation of the bomb.
- Pair the video with an activity creating a list of pros and cons of the Manhattan Project
- Have learners create news segments explaining the Manhattan Project
- The theme of the atomic bomb may be disturbing to some
- The video uses primary footage including newsreels from the time period
- Closed captioned for young historians with hearing challenges