This Malachi's Medication lesson plan also includes:
What's on a prescription medicine label? After learners practice measuring Malachi's prescribed dosage for his medication, they collaboratively discuss and explain why measuring it with the proper measuring tools is essential. Young pharmacists then identify the parts of a medication label by independently completing a worksheet.
- Use the extension activity that investigates vitamin overdoses, and have learners research recommended vitamin intake, foods high in specific vitamins, and the effects of vitamin overdose
- Create a Venn diagram to compare prescription medicines to over-the-counter (OTC) medicines
- Show examples of various measuring devices such as a dropper, spoon, or measuring cup
- Set up the lab before beginning the lesson
- The lesson comes with background information for teachers, worksheets, and lab procedures
- Aligns to National Health Standards