This Making the Standard Solar Heater lesson plan also includes:
Heat up a lesson on solar energy. The first of three parts in the Experimenting with Solar Heaters unit has scholars construct solar heaters. They then use them to heat up a container of water and calculate the amount of heat energy transfer that occurs.
- Have the class brainstorm ways in which they can improve their solar heaters
- Pupils should have prior knowledge of energy transfer and transformation
- Activity requires a variety of materials; see resource for complete list
- Provides a printable direction sheet for solar heater construction
- Lists some possible extension questions