This Making Sense of Sensors lesson plan also includes:
Have small groups in your class construct working hygrometers as an example of the benefits of using sensors in engineering. This activity can be used during a weather unit when covering humidity or in a STEM activity as a preparation for learning how to use specific sensing equipment.
- Constructing a working apparatus provides youngsters with a sense of accomplishment
- Adaptable to Common Core standards for science and technical subjects
- Meets Next Generation Science Standards for middle school engineering
- Thoroughly written teacher's notes and student handouts make the lesson procedures clear
- Though the publisher states that this lesson can be used for a broad range of age levels, the reading level and activity complexity are best for middle school