This Making Inferences: What Motivated Philo Farnsworth? lesson plan also includes:
Turn on the tube. Learners take a look at pages 10-13 of The Boy Who Invented TV. They work in groups and complete a first read to determine the gist of the section. They then reread the pages to make and revise previous inferences and complete a Making Inferences graphic organizer.
- Review the meaning of inferences and inferring before beginning
- Lesson three of 13 in the series 5th Grade ELA Module 2B, Unit 2
- Order of lessons is important
- Includes completed graphic organizer for teacher reference
- Offers ideas to meet the needs of struggling readers