We need softened water to easily clean our homes, our clothes, and our bodies ... but how do you soften hard water? Part six of a 7-video series exploring the world's water resources and issues shows the two most common methods of accomplishing this task. The video illustrates both the processes and the chemistry behind them.
- Set up the featured soap/hard water titration as a demonstration or pair students and assign it as a lab experiment
- Bring a bag of water softener salts to show the class
- Use the embedded pause within the resource to ensure pupils remember the outcome of boiling water with temporary hardness
- Presents information clearly through narration and colorful animations
- The video includes reproducible demonstrations that would also be suitable as experiments