Scholars build a weather station equipped with a wind vane, rain gauge, and barometer. Following an informative page about the weather, learners follow steps to build their pieces then turn into meteorologists to chart the weather they observe in their station.
- Click on the climate link to learn what it is and introduce the topic of climate change
- Make a classroom weather station, direct pupils to chart the weather, and discuss any patterns they see
- If class members make their station at home, ask questions via a blog post
- Materials lists are extensive; read each one to confirm what you need
- Steps include real-world pictures
- Key terms are defined