This Make Your Own Volcano! activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Make a volcano erupt in your own classroom! Young scientists use household and craft materials to model and simulate the eruption of a volcano.
30 Views 28 Downloads
- Print off the sheet and assign the activity as a project for groups to complete outside of class
- Have different groups research and make different types of volcanoes such as cinder cone, composite, or shield volcanoes
- Challenge groups to model a specific volcanic eruption such as Mount Vesuvius, Mount St. Helens, Mount Etna, etc.
- Ensure class members have access to the materials required to make a successful volcano if assigning out of class
- Assumes pupils understand the forces and concept of a volcanic eruption
- Best used in a geography lesson on volcanoes
- Younger learners will need adult supervision and assistance
- Promotes hands-on learning
- Comes with a checklist for project procedures
- A fun and engaging project