This Make a Parfleche lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Examine American Indian art and culture by observing contemporary art and creating original pieces. Class members discuss artwork included in the plan and use these images to help inspire their own work, which should represent their cultural backgrounds. Each pupil will create a parfleche with symbolic personal meaning.
- Make sure to check out all the tabs, especially the Artworks and Artists and See and Compare tabs, for supporting materials to build and enrich your lesson
- Comes with step-by-step instructions and a list of materials
- Includes a rubric, a glossary, and images to browse
- While images are included, they are relatively small (even when zoomed in); you'll likely want to create your own presentation so that learners can see all the details