This Make a Map activity & project also includes:
It's important to know the final destination. Scholars first measure distances in a region of interest using a standard measuring device or by counting steps. They then use an appropriate scale and graph paper to create a map of the region.
24 Views 7 Downloads
- Team up with a social studies teacher for the activity
- Bring in some examples of maps for the class to reference
- Pupils should be familiar with scale factors
- Part of a larger series called Explore STEM in the City!
- Gives a possible extension activity
- Provides graph paper as a PDF