This Magnetic Fields: The Earth Acts as a Giant Magnet lesson plan also includes:
Attract learners to an interesting lesson! The third in a 14-part series of lessons on electricity and magnetism uses a hands-on approach to exploring magnetic fields. Scholars experiment with a compass to test Earth's magnetic field and then use filings to reveal the magnetic field of magnets.
- Set up a geocaching course for pupils to practice their compass skills
- Ask pupils to sketch magnetic fields of magnets of different sizes and shapes
- Requires a specific set of materials to complete the activity
- Includes sentence starters to use as prompts when questioning individuals
- Provides an option for an opening and closing exercise