This Lunar Phases Interactive interactive also includes:
View the moon changes from space while simultaneously experiencing the changes on Earth. A creative lesson allows pupils to view the big picture as they watch the orbit of the moon through a calendar period. At the same time, they see the earthly view of the moon. Through the activity, they discover the causes of the different shapes of the moon relative to its orbit.
- Have your classes draw a diagram of the moon from their observations for a one-month period prior to the activity
- Expects a fundamental understanding of the phases of the lunar cycle
- Requires laptops with flash player capabilities
- The different components of the interactive create a comprehensive picture of the lunar cycle
- Guiding questions require higher order thinking