Humans aren't the only ones with social networking skills! Examine a fascinating video resource focused on standard LS2D of the Next Generation Science Standards. The narrator guides you through the organization within groups, the benefits to social behavior, and the functions of individuals within organism social groups.
- Blend group behavior into your unit on animal relationships for a seamless approach to addressing both standards
- Add the video into your planning time for your ecology unit
- Although some understanding of behavior is helpful, the resource contains plentiful examples for students with less exposure to the concept
- Depicts animal relationships from every corner of the animal kingdom, which helps illustrate the importance of the social aspect of growth and development
- The narrator gives clear explanations of types of animal social groups, including those that rarely change and those that fluctuate depending upon the season